Students will learn to assess and apply a risk assessment to all risks associated with dealing with conflict; understand the importance of effective communication skills; understand the risks associated with lone working and applying principles of safe working. Identifying post incident support and reporting procedures within your organisation.
Conflict Resolution training is designed to develop an understanding of best practice relating to the management of conflict.
Conflict Resolution Training is designed for personnel working in teams or interacting with the public.
- Introduction to workplace violence
- Dynamic Risk Assessment
- Understanding Reasonable Force: Common Law
- Understanding Reasonable Force: Section 3 (1) of the Criminal Law Act 1967
- Human Rights Act Article 2
- Health and Safety at Work Legislation: sections 2, 3, 7 & 8
- Regulations 3, 8 and 14 of Managing Health and Safety at Work
- Causes of Violence
- Triggers of violence
- Proactive service delivery
- Communication skills
- Signalling non-aggression
- Defusing and calming
- High risk conflict
- Lone working protocol
- Post incident support
- Physical skills – Self protection
QCF Level 2 Award in Conflict Resolution and Personal Safety.